Two shelves of the grow light stand are full already, and its only mid-March!
(If you want to build one of these beauties for yourself, read more about it here. Ours cost less than $10.)
Overall I’m a few days behind last year on a few items, but mostly on track. This is what has been been planted thus far:
March 16th: Tomatoes
- Paste-Roma, Classica, Amish, Cordova
- Slicing-Oregon Spring, Moscow, Early Girl, Big Beef, Better Boy, Burbank, Jetsetter, Brandywine
- Salad:Red Cherry, Sunsugar Cherry, Sugar Plum Grape, Yellow pear
March 8th: Peppers and greens
- Hot-Jalapeno, Cayenne
- Bell Shaped: Yellow Sunsation, Purple Beauty, Orange, California Wonder, Creme Brulee, IKO IKO
- Other: Gypsy (light yellow green, long and sweet), Yum Yum (small orange snack pepper)
- Another round of greenies: Lettuce Mix, Falco Spinach, Dinosaur Kale, Red Russian Kale, Blue Dwarf Kale, Basil
February 23rd: Soil experiment
- Lemon Balm
- Dinosaur Kale
- Falco Spinach
February 18th: The first round
- Kale-Red Russian
- Kale-Blue Dwarf
- Lettuce Mix
- Giant Swiss Pansies (a bust- not really germinating)
I won’t plant much else until April now. But I will be transplanting peppers and tomatoes into bigger containers, and hardening off things like broccoli, kale, spinach, and lettuce to be planted outside. Also, its time for onions (read about last year’s planting here and here) and peas to go out directly in the ground in the next week or two.
(Here’s a post about how I take care of my seedlings on the grow light stand, if you are looking for tips).
How are your seeds doing so far? Are you planting anything outside yet?